How to link a file?

Hi!

I have a space which contains few pages. when I insert a file to this page there is no way to change it without downloading it and upoading again. Therefore I put this file in a file list page and there we all can update the file and see all previous version. As a "File Lists" page is a seperate page I would like to link it to the relevant page in order for people to be able to find it easily. If there won't be specific reference to this file people won't be able to know it exists.

thank you

Ilya Rivkin

2 answers

how should I link it or mention it?

I have also thinking that before until I stumbled on Google in finding answer. I follow the step and it works for me. So now I would like to share that to you.

Here the steps to link file:

1. Navigate the page that contain file that you want to link.
2. Right click on the file's link then select copy shortcut or copy link location.
3. Navigate the page where you want to link to the file from and click the edit page icon.
4. Highlight the text to be link and click the link icon in the toolbar.
5. Select the web address tab and enter the copied link shortcut or location in the box below link to this url.
6. Click ok
7. Continue editing your page or click save to preserve your changes.

I hope it might help you.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,561 views 26 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you