How to limiting crowd synchronization messages in log file without omitting all messages?

Chad Barnes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2012

How would I setup the logging properties in Confluence such that the log will contain the "synchronization complete in [ xxxxms ]" INFO messages BUT none of the other synchronizer INFO messages?

We are using crowd to synchronize 23K users and hundreds of groups every 10 minutes. The log is bloated. I can see where to set the logging level to WARN, but I still want to log the "completed" message.

Undesirable:

2012-08-21 13:36:34,946 INFO [scheduler_Worker-6] [directory.ldap.cache.RemoteDirectoryCacheRefresher] findAllRemoteUsers found [ 22677 ] remote users in [ 3875ms ]

2012-08-21 13:36:36,571 INFO [scheduler_Worker-6] [atlassian.crowd.directory.DbCachingRemoteChangeOperations] getUsersToAddAndUpdate scanned [ 98.8% ] users

2012-08-21 13:36:58,056 INFO [scheduler_Worker-6] [atlassian.crowd.directory.DbCachingRemoteChangeOperations] addUserMembershipsForGroup added [ 0 ] user members to [ XX-XXX-XXXXXXXX ] in [ 0ms ]

2012-08-21 13:36:58,150 INFO [scheduler_Worker-6] [directory.ldap.cache.AbstractCacheRefresher] synchroniseMemberships found [ 3 ] remote user-group memberships, [ 0 ] remote group-group memberships in [ 0ms ]

Desirable:

2012-08-21 13:36:31,055 INFO [scheduler_Worker-6] [atlassian.crowd.directory.DbCachingRemoteDirectory] synchroniseCache synchronisation for directory [ 98308 ] starting

2012-08-21 13:36:58,165 INFO [scheduler_Worker-6] [atlassian.crowd.directory.DbCachingRemoteDirectory] synchroniseCache FULL synchronisation complete in [ 27110ms ]

Is it possible to set the rules in the logging properties to exclude the undesirable message types and only include the desired types?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 3, 2012

Hi Chad,

I believe that you can modify the packages that are shown in logs in confluence logging documentation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Configuring+Logging

If you look there, in the existing levels, you can remove the package that you would like to appear in logs (like directory.ldap.cache.AbstractCacheRefresher for example), and let the "atlassian.crowd.directory.DbCachingRemoteDirectory" still there for Info logging level.

I hope this helps you :)

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Chad Barnes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2012

I was unable to limit, via package name, the messages I didn't want and stil lreceive some of the desirable messages. This is because those messages (the desirable and undesirable) share the same packages name.

I have reduced the amount of messages coming from Crowd synchronization by sacrificing some of the messages I would otherwise want to see.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events