Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to integrate other HTML pages

ccudennec-24t May 22, 2013

Hi!

I would like to integrate some generated HTML reports into Confluence and wonder what the easiest / best way would be to to that. The generated HTML page consists of HTML, some JS- and CSS-files, images, etc.

• Is it possible to upload the files to a Confluence space and display them like other regular Confluence pages?
  • Is it possible to attach all the files to an existing page and include the attachment using a macro or whatsoever (similar to the Excel macro)?
  • any other ideas?

Thanks!

Christopher

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2013

I've done this with out Confluence-based documentation site. We have a few hundred pages of API docs, including stylesheets and images that are included. These API docs are in addition to the COnfluence content and don't require Confluence's styling.

To do this, just copy the folder that contains all your HTML into the confluence/confluence directory on the server. At that point, you'll be able to access the pages at the same level as your the /display path. You might also have to tell Confluence not to render the pages with its decorators.

I tied our HTML pages in to Confluence's permissions system and prevented the Confluence decorators from being applied to the HTML pages. I blogged about it here: http://www.confluenza.com/2013/01/04/protect-static-html-pages-using-crowd-and-confluence/

Sounds good! I'll give it a try! :)

Thanks!

David P. Brown June 6, 2019

Matthew, is this content published elsewhere? Confluenza is no longer active.

0 votes
  • The users should be able to view them like real pages.
  • The pages stand on their own. Styling like other Conluence pages is not neccessary.
0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2013

Do you want the pages to be an attachment or for users to be able to view them? Do they need to look like the other Confluence pages, or do they stand on their own?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events