How to install the {livesearch} macro in the global header

This was close to what I wanted to do but I'd like to add the livesearch macro to the global header bar. I've messed with the header removing extraneous controls and added my own background image using #header .aui-header, but what I'd really like to do is have the search tool in the header only do the local space.

1 answer

When you customize "Sidebar, header and footer" it affects only Global theme. So just check selected theme on space where you want to add livesearch macro.

I've just checked and it works for all spaces with Global Look and Feel:

2017-11-01 16_57_20-Sidebar, header and footer.png

Been there, trying to move beyond that. I've eliminated a number of controls from the global header using the Style Sheet and would like to reuse the page space. I've been able to insert an image in the global header and I was hoping there was a way to put the macro up there to replace the global search that I removed.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,691 views 25 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you