Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to insert an image under the new editing experience?

Sébastien De Varennes May 22, 2019

When using the new experience to create a page, I cannot find out how to add an image to the page.

The '/image' does seem to offer an option, but when selecting it, nothing happens.

Is the image insertion still under works for the new editing experience?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2019

Sebastien,

This appears to be a system problem, as it has worked fine in the past. I was able to recreate your experience.

You should submit a bug report if you haven't already.

Darryl

Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2019

Actually, there is an ongoing issue with adding files and images in Confluence Cloud. I thought it was resolved earlier.

Sébastien De Varennes May 22, 2019

Thanks! Can you link the issue so that we can follow on it?

Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2019

I'm actually not able to find the specific issue, but they have an alert posted on their Status page: https://status.atlassian.com/

Like Sébastien De Varennes likes this
0 votes
Marios Chrysovergis November 8, 2019

@Sébastien De Varennes  did you manage to solve this? I have the same problem.

Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2019

@Marios Chrysovergis , there was no resolution to speak of, it was a system-wide incident at Atlassian on that particular day and time.

What are the symptoms you're experiencing, and what are the steps you're performing?

Thanks,

Darryl

Marios Chrysovergis November 11, 2019

I edit a confluence page and paste a URL with an image ...png However the image it's not showing off but I can see the URL.

Thanks,

Marios

Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 12, 2019

@Marios Chrysovergis , if you are trying to only display an image, you will need to use the Insert Files and Images tool on the Toolbar.

Old (Classic Editor)- old-editor.png

New Editor - new-editor.png.

If you are trying to make a clickable image, it is not currently possible with the new editor.

Darryl

Marios Chrysovergis November 14, 2019

I want to paste this url https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portable_Network_Graphics#/media/File:PNG_transparency_demonstration_1.png

to confluence and get the picture in the page (currently I only see the link). This is what I am trying to find.

Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 14, 2019

@Marios Chrysovergis , I'm not 100% sure, but I do not think that functionality is available or planned. Currently in order for images to display they need to be uploaded to Confluence.

Darryl

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events