How to inlcude JIRA project components to corresponding confluence project space in On demand ?

srinivasan radhakrishnan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2013

HI,

I have the below two on demand instance

1. JIRA

2. Confluence

When i create a new project in JIRA, automatically a new space is allocated for new project in Confluence with same KEY. It is perfect.

When i edit the page in this space, i can access the JIRA users . I need to include the project componet details like browsing a user in edit page.

It is possible in on demand Confluence.

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2013

Could you explain "I need to include the project componet details like browsing a user in edit page" in more detail? I don't understand what the goal is here?

srinivasan radhakrishnan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2013

Hi Nic Brough,

In confluence edit page we pick up the user list by typing "@" macro , It is any way to inlcude the project component details in particular project space using macro.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2013

@ mentions are for mentioning people. I don't see much use for mentioning project components and what would you actually do with the mention? Think of it this way - in a car-related project, you say "@bob fixed something to do with an @tyre". Bob gets notified that someone has mentioned him, you can click on his profile, get more information about him. There's nothing of any use I can think of that a mention of @tyre would do.

Of course, you can code something to do it, but I'm really not sure why you'd bother.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events