How to import the latest jpeg which is saved on a company shared drive?

1) I have a jpeg which is saved on a company shared drive : \\server\ABC\tree.jpeg

2) There is a script updating this jpeg at different times of the day, so this jpeg looks different everytime the script updates it.

3) I placed this jpeg on a confluence page and link it like below :

file://server/ABC/tree.jpg

4) I want to make it work such that everytime a user refreshs the confluence page, it will pull the latest jpeg. Now it is not working for me.

5) I am sure the link works, when I place file://server/ABC/tree.jpg on the IE address, it opens up the jpeg.

1 answer

0 vote

You'll need to get your user's browsers to stop caching and inject things into Confluence's headers to make sure it always fetches the file.

This would be a bit of a pain, a better option would be to have the file as an attachment that is uploaded by the process that changes the image, and the best option would be an add-on that pulls in the latest version of the file.

What is the name of the add-on and how do I install it?

I'm not aware of an add-on that does this, you'd need to find or write one yourself.

Thanks, I actually tried many methods like below but not successful.

• [document.abc|file:///X:/path/to/document/document.abc]
  • [DailyVol.jpg|file://///factorybak/AOI/JMP_Data/AOI_Volumes/DailyVol.jpg]
  • file:///p:/myFolder/folder/
  • <a href="localhost/V1.mp4">download</a>
  • http://computer-name-or-ip-address:8080/myfile.xls"
  • [myfile.xls|file:///Y:/QA/shared/myfile.xls]

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,780 views 26 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you