Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import the latest jpeg which is saved on a company shared drive?

Crystal Chueng December 22, 2017

1) I have a jpeg which is saved on a company shared drive : \\server\ABC\tree.jpeg

2) There is a script updating this jpeg at different times of the day, so this jpeg looks different everytime the script updates it.

3) I placed this jpeg on a confluence page and link it like below :

file://server/ABC/tree.jpg

4) I want to make it work such that everytime a user refreshs the confluence page, it will pull the latest jpeg. Now it is not working for me.

5) I am sure the link works, when I place file://server/ABC/tree.jpg on the IE address, it opens up the jpeg.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 24, 2017

You'll need to get your user's browsers to stop caching and inject things into Confluence's headers to make sure it always fetches the file.

This would be a bit of a pain, a better option would be to have the file as an attachment that is uploaded by the process that changes the image, and the best option would be an add-on that pulls in the latest version of the file.

Crystal Chueng December 24, 2017

What is the name of the add-on and how do I install it?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 24, 2017

I'm not aware of an add-on that does this, you'd need to find or write one yourself.

Crystal Chueng December 25, 2017

Thanks, I actually tried many methods like below but not successful.

• [document.abc|file:///X:/path/to/document/document.abc]
  • [DailyVol.jpg|file://///factorybak/AOI/JMP_Data/AOI_Volumes/DailyVol.jpg]
  • file:///p:/myFolder/folder/
  • <a href="localhost/V1.mp4">download</a>
  • http://computer-name-or-ip-address:8080/myfile.xls"
  • [myfile.xls|file:///Y:/QA/shared/myfile.xls]

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events