How to implement SOP checklists and feedback with confluence

Tim Mohrbach February 23, 2015

Hi, we are going to use confluence in the future for our knowledge database. We also want to put all our SOP in confluence as well.

We have some SOPs that are proceeded by external workers. After completing an SOP, a checklist has to be filled in and sent to us for documentation. These SOPs are completed a few times a week by different workers.

Has anyone an idea which features or plugins of confluence could achieve that? Thanks in advance!

5 answers

1 vote
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2015

Let's break this down into a few different flows, how I think this could work:

• SOP's are documents comprised of text and checkboxes
  • The assignee of one of these SOP's has to check off the boxes and then indicate their name at the end
  • These documents may be one page long, or they may be multiple pages long

Document storage

• Create a space just for these SOP's
  • Permission the space so that only editors of the SOP's can modify these pages
  • Organize your documents in a logical method
    • You can use Page Property macro reports to index these, but this is just a little side-goodie I like to take advantage of

Copying stored pages

• Single pages
    • Single pages can be copied using the Tools > Copy Page function
      image2015-2-25 13:12:45.png
    • While you are copying the page, you can move it at the same time by using the Location button before you hit image2015-2-25 13:15:46.png
      image2015-2-25 13:15:0.png
  • Multiple pages

I don't really think you need to spend any money here, you just need to set up a good workflow and choose a good solution.

0 votes
Tim Mohrbach February 24, 2015

The SOP is actually quite long, so if it could be divided into several pages and sections it would probably be better. BUT we could also go with a "one-page" solution, if that makes things easier.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2015

Is it one page or is it multiple pages? I think that's the last big important question I have.

0 votes
Tim Mohrbach February 24, 2015

It's basically a SOP which has a check box for every step of the SOP. So as you are following the the SOP, you are supposed to check every step and make a sign in a check box. This will then be send or put somewhere for documentation. Please let me know if that does not make sense yet or if you need even more details...

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 24, 2015

Can you describe what the checklists look like? We can leverage templates or page copying.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events