Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide the project list from a user group

Szerémy Tamás June 10, 2012

I'd like to hide the project list (dropdown contents) from a group of users. Now they see the contents of the list even if they don't have acces to those projects.

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

I managed to attain the original goal, altough wasn't straightforward:

- create a new group, eg. Test

- remove the user from the Users group, add it to Test

- Administration/Issues/User Settings/Global permission: add "Jira Users" permission to Test

- Administration/Wiki/Permissions/Global Permissions: add Test to Groups as Can Use

- Administration/Wiki/Permissions/Space Permissions: add permissions to the space as needed

0 votes

- Administration/Issues/User Settings/Global permission: add "Jira Users" permission to Test

- Administration/Wiki/Permissions/Global Permissions: add Test to Groups as Can Use

- Administration/Wiki/Permissions/Space Permissions: add permissions to the space as needed

0 votes

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2012

They shouldn't be seeing the spaces if they don't have access. Are you sure the permissions are set correctly?

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2012

You can hide any thing in a template from a user or group of users with the PermissionsManager. I would start by looking here:

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/CONFDEV/Confluence+Permissions+Architecture

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events