How to hide the Attachment link from user/group in Confluence?

Siddheshwar mhetre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2014

I am attaching the word document in my Confluence page.

So I want to hide that download link of the attachment from user/group.

When user click on that link it should not be download. 

Can we do with the Javascript?

1 answer

0 votes
MarkA September 8, 2014

Hi Siddheshwar,

Confluence does not have specific permissions for downloading files. At a space level, you can only restrict adding and deleting attachments. The general approach to to restricting access to a file is to restrict access to the page it is attached to. Is there a particular reason you want to attach files you don't want viewed to a page that you do want viewed?

You could always create a child-page which contains the attachments and has restricted access.

Hope this helps,
Mark

Siddheshwar mhetre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2014

Hi Mark, Through attachments I will use the office word macro, so we can see the document in my Page. There are multiple attachment that we want to attach in page. Is there any way that we can hide the download attachments?

MarkA September 8, 2014

Thanks for the info - I understand now. You want your users to be able to see the documents in the page, but not download them. There is currently no way to do this, as our assumption is that if you can see the content in the page, then downloading it should not cause any problems. Even if you used javascript, the link would only be invisible, and they could possibly find it by looking at the HTML source, or by using development tools in the browser. I can only suggest that you raise a new feature ticket on https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF Sorry I couldn't be more helpful! Mark

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events