How to get the Index macro to do what an index should rather than create a fresh problem?

Richard Martin September 16, 2019

The index macro alternates as it goes down the page.

Who had the bright idea to do this and how do I stop it?

Left side starts with 0-9, then the letter A on the right, then back to the left with the letter B and so on down the page alphabetically.

I do not want the index to take up two columns.I looked at the documentation for the Index macro but there are no parameters available to set.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/page-index-macro-724765237.html

Anyone know where to modify the macro and / or make a new one and then broadcast it to the Confluence Cloud Community so this does not continue to be a problem?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 19, 2019

Hello Richard,

Thank you for bringing this up to us.

I've created a feature request below to provide some parameters to adjust the display of the Page Index Macro on a page:

• CONFCLOUD-67956 Include a set of parameters to adjust appearance of Page Index Macro

It's not possible for you to modify the macro since with Cloud you do not have direct access to the source files as you do in Server.

It's possible to develop an add-on and offer it on the Marketplace.

For Server users, it's also possible to write a User Macro and share that with other users, but this feature is not available on Cloud for security reasons.

I hope that's clear, but do let me know if you have any questions about this.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events