How to freeze list and content of JIRA issues shown in Confluence

Maurycy Widera September 9, 2014

Hi,

I would like to freeze list of issues shown in JIRA List plugin on Confluence. In other words I would like to take a snapshot of a search filter from JIRA and show it on a Confluence page.

I understand I could create an Excel report from JIRA and attach it to a confluence page.

Is it possible to configure JIRA List plugin to be source information from a static XML rather than live dynamic data stream from JIRA?

Thanks,
Maurycy

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2014

No.  The whole point of the macro is to give you current data from Jira.  

If you need snapshots, your best bet is to take a snapshot yourself - print the page to file, or, as you already say, pull it out to a sheet and attach ut manually.

1 vote
Deleted user April 11, 2017

I agree with Jari. Confluence allows you to create a JIRA Report of type Change Log. The report will save the static status of the JIRA issues.

1 vote
Jari Kokkonen October 23, 2014

Have you tried the JIRA Report Blueprint?

Maurycy Widera October 23, 2014

I've tried it. Confluence Blueprints are dynamic reports using existing JIRA integration macro. It will not freeze the list of issues. So far we are taking an Excel snapshot and store as an attachment

Jari Kokkonen October 23, 2014

I disagree because at least in Confluence 5.6.3 bundled Jira Report Blueprint you can select whether you want to create a static or a dynamic report. The documentation also says "Creating a Change Log: The Change Log report displays a list of issues from JIRA. This list can be static or dynamic...". BR, Jari

Maurycy Widera October 23, 2014

At the moment we are on old version on Confluence (5.4.4). Once our IT team upgrades it - I will let you know if it works as expected

1 vote
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2014

Again, if it is just the list of issues, use a stricter JQL in your filter with JQL as issuekey in (<your issue keys>)

Maurycy Widera September 9, 2014

Even a stricter JQL would still show the latest status (e.g. resolved). I'm looking for a way to take a snapshot of all information e.g. title, status, etc.

Like Jaroslav Pavlicek likes this
0 votes
Gustavo Segura January 5, 2021

Here's a feature request in case you guys want to vote: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-21127

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events