cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
  • Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • How to format the Extract pageTreeWordExport.vm file (from the Confluence Pagetree Word Exporter) to have nicely formatted Word docs from the Confluence export?

How to format the Extract pageTreeWordExport.vm file (from the Confluence Pagetree Word Exporter) to have nicely formatted Word docs from the Confluence export?

DebbieR November 23, 2014

Hi, I have just installed this macro and reading the doco on it, it says "Word template can be customized. Extract pageTreeWordExport.vm from the jar file, create directory $CONFLUENCE_HOME/WEB-INF/classes/templates and copy the files here. After any customization you make to this file, Confluence must be restarted." See: http://www.meta-inf.hu/wiki/display/PLUG/Confluence%20Pagetree%20Word%20Exporter

Can anyone explain to me how to go about this as I have no idea and there doesn't seem to be any doco out there? Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Kenneth Dickie December 5, 2014

Well I confirmed that modifying the 'exportword.vm' works.  Any changes to this file will display in the exported document.  However changes made to the pageTreeWordExport.vm will not change anything in the subpages that are exported...  Not sure what is going on there... probably has something to do with this:

$CONFLUENCE_HOME/WEB-INF/classes/templates

0 votes
Kenneth Dickie December 5, 2014

If anyone can figure this out I would also like some more guidance. Here is what I tried:

1. Open 'pagetree-word-exporter-plugin-3.0.2.jar' with WinRAR or 7-Zip
  2. Access templates from \templates\
    1. exportword.vm
    2. pageTreeWordExport.vm
  3. Edit the .vm file using notepad (you can use word but it'll add a bunch of useless metadata)
  4. Replace the file in the .jar and reload the plugin in Confluence.

I'm guessing the 'exportword.vm' is the top page and 'pageTreeWordExport.vm' is the subtree pages. I've done these steps without much luck.  However I'm trying to get the Title to display on the subtree pages.  The content will display but not the page title.  It looks like it should but doesn't.

I changed this line:

<h1>$pageContent.title</h1>

to this:

<h1>$!pageContent.title</h1>

and still no go.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events