How to find out which users are currently Online?

Gilbert Janeselli February 20, 2014

Which users are currently editing some pages?
I ask this question trying to find out when is the right time to stop the server for maintainances...

thks

2 answers

1 vote
Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2014

Hi Gilbert,

We have an option in our User List Macro that will list if your users are online or not, you can learn more how to use that macro in this page.

Using the above method you will be able to create a personal page and use that macro to see all the online user, bear in mind that it will only tell which users are online, we still dont have an option to see if users are editing pages or not.

tks,

David

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2014

Unless Confluence is keeping and open socket for constant communication to the server then it would not be possible. Web traffic is typically stateless. Once the webserver is done sending you the data it knows nothing about your browser. However, web sockets are now available and some other methods of long polling that create a more stateful connection between the server and browser. I'm not sure if Confluence does that or not. My hunch is not, but I could be wrong.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 20, 2014

Ok. I'm wrong. Awesome!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events