How to export list of installed add-ons?

Is there a way to export plugin list to CSV format (f.e.) and include vendor name, plugin name, plugin key, plugin version, paid/free state, list of macros provided by the plugin?

2 answers

1 accepted

Answering my own question:

Until CONF-10572 is implemented by Atlassian, this is possible but time-consuming:

• most of user-installed plugins (and their keys) can be found in PLUGINDATA table (but see https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/AoAfCQ).
  • not sure how to fetch vendor name, plugin name, plugin version, paid/free state and expiration date (other than screen-scrape it from Manage Add-Ons page)
  • JSON blob in /plugins/macrobrowser/browse-macros.action lists macros provided by all plugins.

Then, for each macro M, search for "macroName:M" and count the results. This is also time-consuming for several reasons:

• REST API is broken for this type of keyword (CONF-25680), but other Remote API types (f.e. JSON-RPC) are not affected
  • JSON-RPC does not return count of search results (CONF-31168)
  • Searching for macros with a hyphen in their name used to fail (CONF-31118)
  • Search via Remote API is orders of magnitude slower than same search via UI (CONF-31152)
1 vote
David Simpson Community Champion Jul 24, 2013

Here's a good place to start Confluence Admin | Administration | System Information e.g. at:
http://dvdsmpsn-mbp.local:1990/confluence/admin/systeminfo.action

Look under the heading Plugins - it at least gives some of the information you want. Check the source code if you need to access more.

UTSL is a wonderful advice. Could you point to to specific source code file I should look at?

Could you please share your findings on this? I'm kind of lost trying to do the same.

And the reference url above doesn't seem to be working anymore.

Ann Worley Atlassian Team Jul 10, 2017

If you are using Confluence 5.10 or above you may view much of the information regarding plugins, usage and macros provided by the plugins on <Confluence_Base_URL>/admin/pluginusage.action

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

374 views 20 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you