It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to enter X and Y coordinates for a scatter chart? Edited

Hi, 

Im trying to create a scatter chart, but the {chart macro will not recognize values in different columns as X and Y, and plots the values in the same axis.

Unless i substitute the cell that says "Importance on project" with a X value, but this would force me to recreate the chart in table form essentially, is there ANY way to just say x=n; y=n1?Example.PNG

3 answers

0 votes
Scott_Theus Community Leader Mar 14, 2019

Hi @João Rocha ,

There is information on how to configure the scatter chart here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf510/chart-macro-829077551.html

Hope this helps,

-Scott

Hi Scott,

thanks for the answer, but this article does not explain how to solve my problem.

I entered which columns I want to use, one is used for labels "Ex-1" and "Ex-2" but the following ones are both entered in the Y axis instead of being split.

@João Rocha did you ever figure this out?

I'm truggling with the same issue, would like to create a stakeholder radar in Confluence, but there seems to be no way to define which column is to be used for either X or Y.

Hi @Richard Reijmers , 

at the time I left this assignment there was no solution using just Confluence.

What was on the table, was trying the "Table Filter and Charts for Confluence" plug in, but I was never given permission to try it, so I dont know if it will solve the promblem.

Sorry I couldn`t be of more help.

You can play with it on the demo site: feel free to create and edit pages there.

Hi @João Rocha

You can try to use Chart from Table macro to build a line or scatter chart .

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

How is your team having fun and bonding, remotely, utilizing Confluence?

Thanks everyone for answering last week’s question. The winner of the random drawing from those who commented is: @LarryBrock I’ll contact you separately with your prize details. This wee...

278 views 9 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you