How to enable the search from crawler?

AlysonA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2012

From CSP-79457:

"Hi!

I use a software called TheBrain (http://www.thebrain.com/), I can attach web pages in this software and it indexes its content (files, webpages, etc.). But it can't index my wiki pages (event if it has access to the page). How can I change that, please?"

Later on we found out that it works on wiki pages visible for anonymous users, but not for content that requires user credentials. According to http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Setup+External+Search+Tool+To+Index+Confluence , there needs to be a confluence user specifically for TheBrain to use. But we can't find a way to associate a user to the TheBrain software. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

3 answers

2 votes
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2012

Hi,

Does adding the following parameters to the URLs that you want to attach work:

?os_AuthType=basic&os_username=<user>&os_password=<password>

where <user> and <password> are the details of the Confluence user you have created for "TheBrain".

Andrew.

0 votes
Richard Hierro April 9, 2012

Done :)

0 votes
Richard Hierro April 7, 2012

Thank for your answer, Andrew!

It works, thanks a lot !

Richard

Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 8, 2012

Hi Richard,

Glad it worked. Could you give Alyson a nudge via your CSP-79457 support ticket to mark my answer as correct please?

Thanks,

Andrew.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events