Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable the "Embedding Codes" option in Confluence?

Ahmad Mayar January 22, 2023

I need to embed a digital asset management tool (DAM) powered by Bynder into my Confluence instance, but I just found that the embedding code feature has been disabled by Atlassian - for security and safety reasons. 

To enable this feature, the article mentioned to contact the admin. I myself am the admin of my instance, but yet I am not able to embed codes. 

wondering if someone had the same experience and they could share or guide me as I am desperately look to solving this issue.

I think there is no direct contact number to talk to someone from Atlassian company, and I am not sure if they have any customers support services, rather than the community. 

Kind regards, 

Ahmad

1 answer

0 votes
Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2023

Hi Ahmad,

What code do you need to put into Confluence? HTML? You'll probably need an addon - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?hosting=cloud&product=confluence&query=code

Atlassian provides official support on https://support.atlassian.com/. You can try creating a ticket here asking for help.

Best Regards

Pavel

Ahmad Mayar January 23, 2023

Hi Pavel, 

It's an HTML embed code, generated from Bynder. I just wanted to simply past it into a Confluence page. 

Hopefully, there is workaround so I can figure this out. 

Thanks, 

Ahmad

Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2023

Hi Ahmad,

Unfortunately, the only solution is to install some Confluence Cloud Addon that allows HTML embedding.

User macros allow HTML and JavaScript to run in Confluence Cloud, which can affect performance. To see what custom macros can be added to Confluence Cloud, check out the Atlassian Marketplace. Note: To install any of the Confluence Cloud macro apps, you must be the administrator for the Atlassian Cloud site.

Pavel

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events