Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable file links on Confluence Pages in the internet explorer 9?

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2012

File links on confluence pages are not working on ie 9 and there is absolutely no action on click of the links.

It is showing the correct links when hover on the links and also if i copy the links location by selecting 'copy link address' or 'copy shortcut' options, when pasted on a new browser, it is found working.

For example i am pasting some code taken from the view source of the page from the browser ::

<a href="file://potsticker/ActiveExchange/Srinivas" class="external-link" rel="nofollow">pmo </a>
<a href="file://///potsticker/ActiveExchange/Srinivas" class="external-link" rel="nofollow">pmo </a>

Though compatibility is mentioned and the Secutrity mode is turned off, it has not found working.

Could any one suggest a workaround for this?

Thanks,

Srinivas

1 answer

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2012

Hey,

have you tried this syntax?

[file:///c:/temp/foo.txt]

There is an article in the documentation adressing local files.
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Linking+to+local+file+under+Firefox

"I found the following worked under IE8 and JIRA 4.4.3

[file:///\\servername/\folder/\subfolder]

That's <forwardslash><backslash> for each directory level delimiter."

Maybe this helps you. If not, please post any news on this:-)
srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 25, 2012

In IE8 that works but in IE9 it will not work. There is a work around for chrome but i am looking for IE9 only.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events