Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to distinguish external gadget on confluence macro menu?

hirok June 26, 2014

Hi all,

I set two different URLs for a Confluence macro of the 'GreenHopper Classic Agile Gadget' into 'Gadget Specification URL' setting on the External Gadget menu because we have two different JIRA servers.

When I put the macro from the 'Select Macro' dialog, there are two items of the gadget appeared on the list. Both items look same except internal Gadget URL which can be shown from pop-up menu.

Our users get confused which one should be picked.

Is there any good way to put a clear distinction between them?

Regards,
hiro

1 answer

0 votes
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 29, 2014

Hello Hiro san, you may change the icon and the text for one of the Macros editing the respective xml file as noted in our macro development documentation. Look for the respective Macro components using the names from the feature within Confluence, and into the package in the filesystem, you should find the atlassian-plugin.xml with its Macro Descriptor Attributes, among them its icon attritube.

Hope this can put you in the right way.

hirok June 30, 2014

Hi Guilherme san,
Thank you very much for your reply.

I think the macro consists of only one module but it is listed more in the Select Macro menu by an increment of URLs which I registered.

So, I'm not sure but if I change the name and icon in the atlassian-plugin.xml, all the list on the menu will be changed accordingly? Am I misunderstanding?

Regards,
hiro

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events