How to display other user details than name and email?

Daniela Scheiwe
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2012

Hi,

I need to access the current user details from a macro. I can use $action.remoteUser to get name and mail address, but i need to access the other details as well (phone, IM...)

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniela Scheiwe
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2012

The additional profile information doesn't seem to be accessible by user macros. I now used the SQL-Macro and I'm pretty happy with the result.

0 votes
David Toussaint _Communardo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 4, 2012

Hi,

did you have a look at the User Profile Plugin for Confluence? It my just be what you're looking for...

Chers, David

Daniela Scheiwe
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 7, 2012

Thanks for your answer.

This plugin seems to solve our problem, but we do not want to spend the money. I'm sure there must be a way to access the profile data that is already existing in confluence :(

David Toussaint _Communardo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 7, 2012

If the details exist allready in confluence, the best way then is probably to write a usermacro for exactly what you need.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events