How to disable the HipChat integration messages

Roman Joss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2016

Each time a user would like to insert an Emoticon in a confluence page, there is a message shown to integrate with HipChat. Click on the link, confluence shows a Administration assisant-page to connect to HipChat.

We run Confluence on a Own Server and we do not have HipChat. But i would like to disable this message. Is there a way?

Confluence: 5.9.5

Thanks a lot.
Roman

3 answers

1 vote
Andre Lehmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2016

Hi Roman,

if you don't want to integrate your Confluence with HipChat, jsut disable all (really all with HipChat in the name) HipChat-Plugins.

2016-08-02_12h29_28.jpg

Than your users shouldn't be bothered with Integration-messages.

Kind regards
André

0 votes
Doug February 23, 2017

Before we were allowed to use HipChat we also wanted to hide the notifications in Confluence and JIRA from the Space/Project Admins. We learned that completely disabling the HipChat plugins would cause the startup time to wait for any disabled plugins to start. The default timeout was 5 minutes and it added time to weekly restarts and multiple restarts on upgrade nights. After some research and testing, I figured out what modules to disable that would hide the HipChat menus and notifications while allowing the HipChat plugins to stay enabled.

I would highly suggest testing the menus and notifications stay hidden after each plugin and system upgrade.

Confluence

• Disable HipChat Integration Pop-up (source) that each Space Admin can see
    • Disable these two modules in the Confluence Hipchat Integration Plugin
      • hipChatServerDiscovery
      • hipChatSpaceDiscovery
  • Disable HipChat Integration Tab that each Space Admin can see
    • Disable these two modules in the Confluence Hipchat Integration Plugin
      • hipchat2-space-configuration
      • hipchat2-space-configuration-2

JIRA

• Disable "HipChat discussions" section on JIRA Issues (source) that each user can see
    • Disable these three modules in the Hipchat for JIRA Plugin
      • hipchat-viewissue-panel
      • hipchat-viewissue-panel-resources
      • HipChat Issue Panel Action
  • Disable HipChat Integration link that each Project Admin can see
    • Disable this module in the Hipchat for JIRA Plugin
      • HipChat integration (hipchat-project-notifications)
  • Disable HipChat Integration link that each JIRA Admin can see
    • Disable this module in the Hipchat for JIRA Plugin
      • HipChat Integration (admin-hipchat-integration)

0 votes
Roman Joss
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 2, 2016

Hi André

Thanks for your reply. But i already deactivated all HipChat Plugins. The effect was, that the users could not use the dialog to insert emoticons. And this is a wunderful Feature that our users uses all the time.

I've alread deactivated most of the modules in the plugins, but there was no change.

Do you have another idea?
Thanks again
Roman

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events