How to disable adding users as a watchers when they edit Wiki page?

Hello,

Is there a way to disable the option for users to be added as a watchers after editing Wiki page, if they already removed themselves from watchers prior to the page editing?

Regards,

Tamara 

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Tamara,

Each user can set this themselves if they'd like to. Head to profile pic > Settings > Email and uncheck the Autowatch option.

Good morning Giles,

This is what happens: user creates a page, removes himself from watchers of that page, set email notifications the way he disables the option "Autowatch", goes back to the page, he edit the page and automatically becomes watcher again.

Can we disable this?

Thanks and regards,

Tamara

Hi Tamara,

That doesn't sound like expected behaviour. If it's doing that, I'd suggest you contact support so they can look into it and raise a bug if necessary.

Hi Giles,

I'm sorry, I didn't write one detail - we have a group of users which need to edit one attachment on the page.

If a user A who created page and added attachment removes himself from watchers on that page and disables "Autowatch" option (and all other email notifications, just to be sure), and user B edits that attachment, then user A will automatically be added as a page watcher again.

How can we disable this?

Best regards,

Tamara

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 17, 2018 in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

580 views 7 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you