How to delete attachments uploaded by deleted user

Catti Lundsgård September 22, 2020

I do not get the option to delete attachments that is uploaded by a deleted user. My own attached items gives me the option. 

I am the admin, so the problem should not be connected with permission.. 

How do I solve this?  

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2020

Hi @Catti Lundsgård ,

You need to have "Delete All attachments" permission on your project. Being a project admin does not always ensure that you have all permissions to the project. Kindly check your permission scheme

Catti Lundsgård September 22, 2020

I actually had the "delete all attachments" permission on the project. However I found the error ! 

My account is both in a group called "admins" and "users", and the permission for delete attachments was only on for "admins". So it would seem that I "fall back" in the "user permission" when trying to edit a document. Changed the permissions specifically for my user and now it works :D 

Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2020

Good that you are able to get that working. Kindly mark the question as answered, so that this would be marked as solved. thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events