How to delete an improperly created space

mithrilstar November 21, 2019

I just signed up to Confluence (free tier) and as part of the onboarding created a space. However the settings for the spaceshow no option to either change the name or delete the space etc. To compare I created another space and that one shows all the options. I have not invited any other member yet. 

Screenshots for comparison

The original space (with problematic settings)
Screenshot from 2019-11-21 20-02-05.png

The other one (for comparison)

Screenshot from 2019-11-21 20-11-17.png

My question is how to either get the state configured right for the old project or at least have it be deleted.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2019

The same thing happened to me on my free-tier Confluence Cloud instance. Unfortunately, since the free tier only has Community-driven support, I don't think we can get spaces like these deleted. I believe this space deletion requires a system administrator, and only Atlassian Support has system administrator permissions on Confluence Cloud instances.

mithrilstar November 21, 2019

Then it likely points to a bug in their onboarding process.. I mean it's not exactly a problem if it just sits there unused.. but yeah it's a little irritating. Oh well I though maybe I was missing something simple as a new user.

Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2019

Just found out that Atlassian knows about this issue and is working on a fix! More info here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-68319

Like mithrilstar likes this
mithrilstar November 22, 2019

Thank Alex! I've subscribed to that issue now.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events