How to delete a page

Patrick van Vugt August 29, 2013

We have several pages in our space that need to be deleted, but I cannot figure out how to delete a page. I don't see any option for that.

Where can I find this?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Abdoulaye Kindy Diallo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2013
Øyvind Ødegård February 23, 2015

Link is broken.

Like Hussam Itani [venITure] likes this
Like # people like this
Sharon Tan
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
March 8, 2021

Here's the equivalent documentation for self-hosted for those interested: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/delete-or-restore-a-page-139429.html

1 vote
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2013

check the 'Delete Pages' permission on Space permissions.

check this document for more information

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Deleting+a+Page

0 votes
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 29, 2013

Patrick,

Go to Tools/Remove. This puts it in the bin, but doesn't delete it. it no longer appears in the tree.

To delete it you have to go into the Space Admin area, find the Trash page and delete it from there.

Note that when you Remove a page you should remove it's labels too as these will still be picked up by some macros and appear/be used on the pages that have the macro.

Cheers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events