How to delete a community (community bubbles, confluence)

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2014

Hi

I just created a community using community bubbles plugin on confluence 4.3.

But i realised i made some mistakes and i need to re-do it.

But i cant seem to find the delete community button.

How can i get rid of this faulty community i just created?

Rahul

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 13, 2014

Hello Rahul, you can remove a community by using the "Community Type" menu in the add on configuration pane. Note that in order to do so you need to switch any current existing spaces away from that specific type.

More information on this can be reviewed in the Bubbles docos, after this link.

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2014

Thanks Guilherme, that helps...

1 vote
Supraja Thota [Adaptavist] December 23, 2014

Hi Rahul,

Hope this finds you well. 

You can only delete community types that aren't currently in use by any community spaces. The cross icon will appear next to any community types that can be deleted.

If you want to delete a community type which is currently in use, use the communities macro to find a list of all existing communities of that type then edit their community settings to change to a different community type. You'll be able to delete the community type when it's no longer being used by any spaces.

You can read more on this and find all the information with regard to our plugin within our documentation  of Community Bubbles: 

Also please know with regard to Community Bubbles,  know we have recently archived few of our plugins. One of them is Community Bubbles.

We had evaluated Community Bubbles , one of our oldest add-ons for Confluence. During this process we looked to determine how we could move Community Bubbles forward as a product and continue to deliver value to our customers via this add-on. During the course of investigation we identified a significant level of technical debt inherent in maintaining Community Bubbles that effectively means it is unsustainable for us to continue to offer Community Bubbles in it’s current state. We are focused on providing add-ons that deliver real value to our customers and there is currently too little demand to justify the development required to continue offering this product, either as a free add-on or as a commercial offering . It is therefore with deep regret that I must inform you of our difficult decision to retire Community Bubbles from our product portfolio.
Please go to the following link in order to get more information about this decision.http://www.adaptavist.com/w/announcement-retirement-11-add-ons/

To check the plugin compatibility please find below.
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/archive/com.adaptavist.confluence.bubbles

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us via our Contact Us Form or write us an email at  plugin-support@adaptavist.com. Please be sure to set enquiry type to “Support services & Plugins”. Please provide the following information:

• the version of Confluence  you are using,
  • the add-on name and version you are using,
  • all information regarding the issue you are facing including log files, steps to reproduce, screenshots, storage format etc.
  • the web browser used and its version number. "

-- 

Best Regards,
Supraja Thota  | QA Analyst | Adaptavist.com Ltd.
1st Floor, 35 - 39 Old Street, London, EC1V 9HX
Registered in England and Wales #5456785 | VAT Reg. GB 872 1217 39

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events