Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to define an input for a template

winklerrr September 29, 2014

Hello,

When I create a page with the default blueprint template "How-To", confluence opens up a window and wants me to fill in information about the title of the how to and corresponding labels.

So my question is now how I can also do this for my self created templates?

I want the creater of page have to fill out some fields which I then want to use in my template for example as page title, as labels and also as parameter for some macros.

Regards

2 answers

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2014

Pardon me, you asked about that form that pops up when you make a new blueprint page. 

See, those popup forms dont have a way to be programmed inside of confluence. You need to custom develop it (little bit of java, some html, css, javascript, etc. webapp stuff ) and install it as an add-on, which you cant do as OnDemand. (You only have pre-installed plugins due to the nature of atlassians cloud setup)

What you can do is add new blueprint templates, this can change some of the prebuilt page that is added when you use a blueprint. 

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2014

Hello. Those functions are known as Blueprints. Currently in order to add a new blueprint (not just modify the templates under Global Templates, you can modify templates on Cloud or Server) you would need to develop one and package it as an add-on, and install it on your confluence server. However, since you are on Atlassian On-Demand, you will not be able to install new add-ons so this advice doesn't help you.

A list of restricted functions on AOD are listed here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Restricted+Functions+in+Atlassian+OnDemand

winklerrr October 5, 2014

So, I'm not able to archive what I wanted to, just because of the version that I'm using?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events