How to customize team calendar events?

David Geleyn November 30, 2011

Hi,

Is it possible to customize team calendar events?

I would like to use team calendar to schedule consultants.

I need to be able to add a customer field, deliverable field (I could use a jira issue for that, right?), and some administartive fields (kilometers to customer, public/private transportation, for which product was consultancy, what kind of consultancy - to determine daily rate)

Thanks for the feedback,

David

3 answers

0 votes
James Kleinig July 8, 2013

Hi Jenny,

Well we ended up settling for less functionality. We had to create A LOT of calendars to meet all our different variables (one for each team and location combination = 47 calendars).

Not ideal, we'll probably move to a more enterprise ready calendar product but this has been a great stop-gap.

Cheers

James

0 votes
Peter James February 8, 2012

Hi David,

How about using the page link on the calendar item to link to a page that contains all of the extra information.

Using the metadata, table-filter and table-plus macros, you can then report on these pages.

Regards,

Peter

James Kleinig February 8, 2012

Hi Peter,

I tried that but it means people need to duplicate all the info on the event into the page, as well as add the correct labels (which we can use the choose labels macro for). Working labels is okay for reporting, but you can't get date which is pretty critical, and client name is impractical to have as a consistent label.

Thanks anyway

James

J July 8, 2013

Hi James,

What solution did you end up using to address all your needs? I'm looking to do the same thing, but right now just using JIRA Team Calendars in combination with a custom issue type "event" which has custom fields that captures all the information I need for a specific event/date. The only thing that's missing for me is being able to add additional fields to the calendar view so you don't have to click through to the Issue Detail View to see standard JIRA fields like Fix Versions or Label.

Thanks,
Jenny

0 votes
Sherif Mansour
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 11, 2011

Hi David,

You are right in that you could use JIRA for this, only to display custom dates, however. Team Calendars 1.6 supports custom dates from JIRA. This allows you to have any field that with a date and display that in Confluence. You can learn more about it here: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/TEAMCAL/Team+Calendars+1.6+Release+Notes.

I'm not sure this fully solves your problem, but. It really sounds like you want to extend the people calendar to capture your won custom fields, is that right?

James Kleinig February 8, 2012

He Sherif,

The Jira dates feature doesn't cut it for us actually. We REALLY need to be able to add some custom fields to Team Calendars.

We'll need to either hack it (not ideal at all) or find a completely different calendar peoduct, which would be a shame as we had a lot of faith in TC to be our answer.

Would love to know if this may be on the road map at all?

Also, really like to see calendar events in search results too. Surprised they're not.

Cheers

James

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events