How to customize Confluence icons

Screenshot.pngI am on version 5.8.

Is it possible to change the default Attachment Office Icons. I would like to upload Word, Excel, and PowerPoint .pngs and use those instead of the default Confluence Office icons; they are not intuitive.

5 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Screenshot.png

Steven Behnke Community Champion Jun 22, 2015

Confluence Server is by far the easiest application to modify visually since you can apply custom HTML Layouts and styles from within the application, without modifying source files.

It looks like the question was answered best by David Simpson of App Fusions. You should check this answer out, it's a great answer, but you should essentially:

1. Upload new icons to a stable location, perhaps in the home folder as suggested by David.
  2. Use CSS to select the appropriate elements (pdfs, excel files, etc) and and modify them appropriately.

This is the most lightweight and flexible solution. You must ensure that you 'bring' the update along when you upgrade the application. 

Is There a Macro for Returning a File Type's Icon?

I should note: I haven't tested this, although I'll give it a shot at some point.

Could you give us a screenshot so we know what Icons you're trying to replace?

Thanks Steve..please see attached

thank you smile

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 17, 2018 in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

568 views 7 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you