Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create different views for different users in a single space?

Sujith Voona April 27, 2022

Hi, I am creating a space for 40 members and we would like to have something like

1. Hiding specific elements on a Confluence page (tables, images, links, specific links in a table or specific links in a layout). For example there is a table with ten rows and only 20 people should be able to see all the ten rows and other 10 members should be able to see only seven rows and the rest should be able to see only four rows. Can we implement something like this on Confluence?

If the above mentioned process is not possible can we create different views for different users in a single space?

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Robert Mayer _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2022

Hi @Sujith Voona, I have to agree with @Bill Bailey , I don't think there is a build in Confluence functionality for this use case. Using page restrictions and three separate child pages for each of your member groups might work quite well.

Also you could check out my companies app Orderly Databases. With it you are able to reinvent tables by turning them into databases. For each database you can then set specific user permissions and link multiple databases together to that only some members are able to consume the whole content.

Cheers, Robert

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2022

Hello @Sujith Voona , that is a very complex use model. This sounds like you would need a custom plugin, and complicated by the fact that tables in Confluence are HTML-based (as opposed to Excel being XML based). 

In the server version, I have been able to control visibility of a block based on user group membership, but you don't have that option with cloud.

But it is not a normal use model of Confluence to control the visibility of specific page elements based on membership.

You can try searching https://marketplace.atlassian.com/  to see if there is a third-party plugin. And it might only work if you separate the content into three different tables.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events