How to create a template from a page in Confluence 4?

Chris Ramakers September 29, 2011

I've spent the last few days optimizing a page which will serve as default template for our developer to document a module in our software. The problem now is that i can't seem to find a way to turn this page into a template, as far as i can tell it's even impossible to view the raw wikiformat of the page so i can copy/paste it into the template.

Does anyone know how i can achieve this?

1 answer

2 votes
David Peterson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2011

Good question. Templates are only half-implemented in Confluence 4 - no real rich text editor yet. Would be a good opportunity for a plugin to add a 'Create Page Template' menu item in pages for Space Admins/Confluence Admins, which would pull the current page and send the markup to the 'create template' page.

Chris Ramakers September 29, 2011

I sure home atlassian adresses this asap, else i'll have to rebuild the page from scratch using wiki markup.

Sherif Mansour
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 1, 2011

Hi Chris,

We are tracking this feature request here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-11744 . We do hope to have this resolved in the short-term roadmap.

Sherif

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events