Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a distribution list? is grouping and the distribution list are same, and how to add DL to the ticket CC list in email.

Amrusha Nekkanti July 1, 2016

Hi,

We are new to JIRA, we don't know how to create a Distribution list. My main goal is: "Ticket CC List: Identify and Implement a mechanism for a DL email that can be copied on to the Ticket by the Customer or by the Service Ag ent". Can you please give me a way to do that.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2016

JIRA is an issue tracker, not an email service.

If you want to send email to a "distribution list", then you'll need some way to add that into JIRA - the usual trick is to have a dummy user with the d-list's email associated with it, so you can include that.

The other option is to replicate the list inside JIRA, using a group, but you'll need to remember that is not a proper d-llist and will need to be maintained inside jira.

Amrusha Nekkanti July 1, 2016

Can you please give me an in detail note(Step-by-Step process) on this phrase "to have a dummy user with the d-list's email associated with it, so you can include that".

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2016

Create a new user, give them the email address of the d-list.  I'm not sure I can tell you any more than that without looking like I'm trying to teach you how to use a computer.

Like Ted Korba likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events