Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to continue a link to a wiki page after sign in?

Rich Thorn September 27, 2013

Here is the situation we are seeing in our Confluence 5.1.3 version. We do not use SSO and currently we allow anonymous accesses.

• A user received a url to a wiki page and selects it
  • The user is prompted to log into the wiki because of page restrictions
  • After log in, the wiki directs them to their user default home page instead of the original page from that url link they were intending to go

I have been fooling around with the settings, but I cannot seem to figure out how to allow the user to continue to the original intended page. This seems to only happen if the page has restrictions on it.

I would appreciate any suggestions, help, or even words of encouragement!

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2013

I'm using Confluence 4.x but encountered the same issue.

For the default login screen, the os_destintion param should be set by default when the user is redirected to that page. For example:

http://devcenter.verivo.com/login.action?os_destination=%2Fdisplay%2Fdoc%2FUsing%2Bthe%2BAkula%2BSDKs

If it's not setting by default, then maybe you have a custom login screen?

What I did was add a custom login link and add the os_destination query string parameter to point to the value of the requested page. For example, the code to do this in a user macro is:

"/login.action?os_destination=%2Fdisplay" + $generalUtil.urlEncode($req.getPathInfo())

Some additional perspective on this issue might be here:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/43104/wrong-redirect-after-login-to-confluene-homepage-in-stead-of-my-app-using-crowd

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events