How to combine content of two different tables into one table?

Hi!

Is it possible to combine the content of two or more different tables across different spaces into one "Master" table? All the tables have the same columns/titles, what I want to do is to aggregate all the content on one overview page/table.

I am playing around with excerpts, the reporting plugin and the meta-data plugin for quite a while now, but I can't figure it out.

Thanks for your help!
Cheers,
Tom

4 answers

I have same problem so interested in solution that does not require scaffolding plugin.

I have same problem so interested in solution that does not require scaffolding plugin.

You could use the page properties and page properties report macros which you can think of as an excerpt-include macro for tables. The only caveat is that it won't work across pages in different spaces.

The Requirements Blueprint uses these macros so if you're on Confluence 5.1, can see how this work in the Requirments Blueprint.

Thx. Will give it a try. I am upgrading instance to Confluence 5.

I did look at page properties but wasn't sure if appropriate. On each page I have table with 6 fields, one of which is audio attachment. Pages with same identifier (could be another field or page property) are aggregated into one summary table. We used to do this via Scaffolding & Reporting plugins but felt it should be possible within Confluence.

Thanks for the answers so far!

Unfortunately, we are still on Confluence 4.

Is there any other solution that does not require the Scaffolding plugin and does work across different spaces?

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any way to combine 2 Page Properties macros or even 2 tables in 1 Page Properties macro to show them as 1 entry in a Page Properties Report.

Please comment and vote on CONF-30881

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Dec 10, 2018 in Confluence

Organizing your space just got easier - Page Tree Drag & Drop is here

Hi Community! I’m Elaine, Confluence Product Manager. You may have read my earlier post about page tree in space navigation sidebar. I'm excited to share another improvement that helps you organize ...

196 views 5 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you