Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the database url of confluence?

rockycheng August 26, 2015

Hi,expects,I have encountered some mistakes when i tired to change the mysql url of confluence.The mistakes are presented in the screenshot.And i have tired some of the solutions given here.Like clear the caches under 

<confluence-home>/bundled-plugins 

<confluence-home>/plugins-cache

<confluence-home>/plugins-osgi-cache

<confluence-home>/plugins-temp

<confluence-home>/bundled-plugins_language

and checked up  the substitute url. But all of these didn't work.I need your help. Please answer me soon!!!256463064261297210.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Taha Khanzada
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2015

Database details could be in <CONFLUENCE_HOME>/confluence.cfg.xml or <CONFLUENCE_INSTALLATION>/conf/server.xml 

Depending upon how your database is configured. You can refer below doc for more info on how to configure database in confluence

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/configuring-a-mysql-datasource-in-apache-tomcat-1867.html

rockycheng August 26, 2015

Thank for your quick reaction,Taha Khanzada. Maybe i didn't make myself so clear .My database configuration is in the <CONFLUENCE_HOME>/confluence.cfg.xml ,and i have changed the url of mysql,and then it reported errors as above.And i have use the "ping" to test my url,it works well.Is there any more possible solutions to my problems ?

Taha Khanzada
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2015

Above error is generic error and there are many possibilities - Check database username and password are correct, try login to database through some database client and check if it is working. - Also make sure your connection string is correct. Sometime if some quotes or something is missed in database connection string it may cause issue and you will get below errors. ( try to run diff between old and new file) - lastly if you have taken backup of confluence.cfg.xml file then try to restore this or revert changes and start confluence just to make sure if it is working with old configuration.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events