Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change Server Base URL?

Dhiraj Agrawal October 6, 2016

Hi,

I have recently create a new account in the Atlassian Cloud instance. I have imported my JIRA and Confluence from existing repository into the cloud version.

Now, when I click on the hamburger menu I get JIRA, Confluence and Configure options. When I click on JIRA it opens the right page and I am able to browse to my project.

When I click on Confluence it opens my "Create a New Space" page and am not able to directly go to the space I imported.

I am not able to modify the "Base Server URL" in general configuration as the field does not appear editable when I click on Edit.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

~Dhiraj

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2016

There's no need to change the base-url, it's fixed and correct for Cloud instances.

If Confluence is jumping straight to "create a space", it suggests that there are no spaces yet - I would try creating one, making sure you give yourself at least the permission to view the space.  Then you should get full access to all spaces, including your imported on.

Ben Madin December 8, 2016

Can the base url be changed ? Can we have a subdomain on our own domain? wiki.mydomain.com. Everything in the documentation would suggest this to be the case, but I suspect that the documentation is specific to the non-cloud based version. (it doesn't say this, just a guess).

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2016

The pages you're reading on "base url" mostly have "this does not apply to Cloud" in a box at the top.  You can't change the Cloud base url directly, you have to buy a new Cloud instance, export the current one, and import it into the new one.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events