How to change Daily Backup directory?

I have a Confluence application running in linux redhat server. 

My new confluence is running in /data/confluence and /data/confluence-home directories 

Before this, I had my old confluence running in /my-data/confluence and /my-data/confluence-home

Please note that I change "/my-data/" to "/data"

I used my old data configuration files to install it in my new server and create new path.. 

which is /data/confluence. 

However, for some reason.. it keeps on creating daily backup files in /my-data instead of /data

I looked at almost all the configuration files and even at ADMIN page.. I can't find any path going into /my-data

I delete /my-data directory almost everyday.. but Confluence application is keep creating that directory and saves the daily backup files... 

is there a way to fix this problem? 

1 answer

Hi Young,

Did you check this doc article https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/configuring-backups-138348.html ?

You should be able to change the location of the backups through the admin UI

Yes I already tried that.. but everything is set to /data..

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

897 views 23 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you