Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to automatically assign a number to a page?

Rhyne Armstrong April 17, 2012

I am building a knowledgebase and each article has its own distinct number. The format is K-0000. There is a requirement from our stakeholders that this number be automatically assigned so our authors don't accidentally assign the same number to multiple kb articles. This number appears in the title and in a table at the top of the article.

Any idea how to accomplish this in Confluence 4.0?

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Suslin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2012

Why don't you want to use PageID for that?

In admin area go to Edit Site Layouts » Page Layout and change page layout in a way that it will show somewhere "K-<Page ID>" page id I guess can be obtain through a helper variable (not sure), need to read some documentation.

Rhyne Armstrong April 17, 2012

We already have 850 articles and people know and refer to them by their number. I don't want to change them now, and I don't want to change the numbering convention...or have gaps in the number if the page ids were used for other spaces.

Alex Suslin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2012

Ok, I see... Thus you might probably want to develop your custom plugin and got the autonumber for pages from a kinda global variable (thread safe, singleton, etc)...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events