How to add docu text in a user macro?

Henning van Ackeren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2017

Hi,

I created a user macro with one parameter to fill in by users when editing the macro: the name of a space.

I would like to add a sentence to explain the parameter like "Please add the space name here. The current space is the default."

However I only find a way to link to a documentation web page, which would be a bit too much for just one sentence.

How can I add such short explanations to the parameters?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 19, 2017

Hello Henning,

It seems like the parameter's title could be used. It could say something like: "Space: Please add the space name here. The current space is the default."

This doc has the syntax for specifying a parameter title: User Macro Template Syntax

I look forward to hearing whether that works for your case.

Thanks,

Ann

Henning van Ackeren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2018

Hi Ann, thanks a lot!

I now use the parameter's title, as you suggested, and in addition the parameter's "desc" attribute to add another sentence.

Have a good start into the new year!

Henning

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events