How to add 'countstatus' macro to get total count from multiple pages?

Nikhil Subhash More August 4, 2017

I have more than 10 pages where I have added 'countstatus' macro. It would be great help if i could get a total count all at once, which would save a lot of time I spend by going to each page and add all status counts.

A solution would be a great help. 

PS: I am completely new to confluence. And I am still learning, a detailed solution with steps would be most helpful.

1 answer

0 votes
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2017

You can use Page Include macros, or Page Properties Report macro if you place statuses in tables.

Nikhil Subhash More August 5, 2017

Hello, Thanks for taking time to answer. 

I added page properties report macro, but did not understand how to get the total count i need. I do not want table rows to be displayed, as it is doing in page properties report. I just want the total count across lets say 20 different pages located under different parent page.

Let me elaborate my question. :

I have added a column for priorities in the table, and added 'status' macros in each row. and have added a 'countstatus' macro at the end of the table. Which gives me total count for the table. (thats all I want)

There are multiple pages across which I have implemented same thing. What I need now is a macro which will add up the total count across these pages all at once. Currently I have to go to each page and add the count manually. 

Is there a way to use the page properties report macro for this purpose? if yes, then please guide me with steps.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2017

Hello Nikhil,

First of all you need to aggregate all your statuses from different pages in one place to be able to count them. So you can use:

• Page Include macros to include different pages to the main page.
  • Excertp and Excerpt Include to include pages partially.
  • Page Properties Report if it shows all rows with statuses.

Then you can try to use countstatus macro to calculte count (I'm not aware of this macro). If this mocro doesn't work in this case, you can use Pivot Table (Table Filter and Charts add-on) macro to count statuses: wrap Include macros or PPR macro with Pivot Table like in this video.

Nikhil Subhash More August 8, 2017

Hi. Thanks again for the reply.

That video was really helpful. I tried to use the page include macro. It almost worked. But I came across an issue / bug. Though I think I can workout a solution with the help of information you have provided.

I will try out few different things. I didn't know there is so much we can do with macros. I don't know if we have full access to these macros. I couldn't find pivot table macro. Will check what add-ons we have.

Rising Star
Rising Star
August 8, 2017

Hi!

Pivot Table is from an add-on Table Filter and Charts. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events