How to add and customize a status colour bar

Kian Pariwar February 6, 2017

Hi,

I am currently busy with creating a table in confluence which allows everyone in my team to comment in an objective and to provide a completion status from 0-100 by manually entering a number in the respective status column.

Now, I would like to have some kind of conditional formatting feature as it is available in, e.g., Excel. To be more specific:

I would like Confluence to highlight the table cell in a specified colour if the number entered is between a specified value range.

Any idea how to achieve this? I found the "status macro" page in the Atlassian documentation, while it does provide a nice way to visualize a status, it does not tell me how can I define which entered values should correspond to which colour.

Hope someone can help

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2017

Hi Kian,

There is no such a feature in Status macro. But there is Handy Status macro from Handy Macros add-on, which allows you to define a set of statuses with different colors and swith statuses while viewing the page. But this add-on available only for Server version of Confluence.

Another possible solution is to write a custom css or script.

2 votes
Kian Pariwar February 7, 2017

I opted for the built-in status macro, as the plugin costs do not justify the means in our case

1 vote
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2017

Hi Kian,

This cannot be done natively within Confluence - the tables are static and don't have any ability to calculate anything.  You'll need to use an add-on like Advanced Tables for Confluence, although it's not free.  Unfortunately if you want this functionality without paying for it, you'll probably have to code it yourself.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events