How to add a user specific task report to confluence dashboard

Reto Eggenberger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2014

Hi all,

I would love to integrate a task report for the logged in user on top of the update stream (like the ad hoc workflow tasks).

In the comments of https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Customising+the+Confluence+Dashboard there is a way you should be able to do this with global layout. But velocity is not my strongest discipline ...

Does anybody know how I would do that in conflunence 5.5.3?

Thanks for any hints on that.

Greetings

Reto E.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Reto Eggenberger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2015

We have implemented it like follows:

<div class="dashboard-group right wiki-content">
                    $helper.renderConfluenceMacro("{mytasks}")
                    <a href="http://confluence/plugins/inlinetasks/mytasks.action">Show all my tasks</a>
                    <br></br>
                    $helper.renderConfluenceMacro("{recently-updated-dashboard:showProfilePic=true}")
                </div>## right

Works, but:

• Only the first tasks appear.
  • Dates doesn't get highlight if near due date.
  • You can't tick the check boxes.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2014

Please read this comment on /DOC/Customising the Confluence Dashboard by Richard Smith.

It be massivly easier and sustainable to create page in Confluenece and then Include it in the Confluence GUI. What I don't know how to do is show the tasks of the current viewer of the dashboard.

Reto Eggenberger
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 14, 2014

Since there is the tasks page in the user menu, I thougt there might be an easy way to include this function in the dashboard.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events