How to add a user and allow only WIKI for a specific new space?

rattles2013 November 20, 2013

Hi,

We have atlassian with JIRA & WIKI (Confluence).

We have a lot of users, JIRA Projects & WIKI Spaces.

I would like to create a new user (done).

Then create a new space (done) - there is no need for JIRA project with that space.

Then I would like to allow that user to only see that specific space, and not anything else (no other spaces and no projects).

How can this be achieved? I've tried playing with a lot of different parameters & settings on both the user, group & space...

3 answers

0 votes
Jürgen Müller November 20, 2013

I think the problem is that on all spaces and pages normaly the group confluence-users have rights. And you can not take the new user from this group because you need this group for the login.

We have solved it, we have created a new group, and this group have the same rights as confluence-users. Anyone with the normal rights was in this group. All others was only in conflunce-users and then we using permissions settings in the space's Admin area.

We revoke confluence-users group the rights on the spaces.

0 votes

I figured it out - I had to add the user to a group that had a global permission of 'Can Use'...

otherwise it wouldn't work.

0 votes
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2013

Rattles,

You should be able to add them to the space as an individual user, using the Permissions settings in the space's Admin area. See Browse/Space Admin.

This assumes you are using download. I don't know if it's different in on demand.

Cheers.

I am using 'On Demand'.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events