How to add a select list multiple choice field to a confluence page?

manjunatha k r April 10, 2017
I would like to add one single list multiple choice custom field to a confluence page/template.
Please suggest how to achieve this in confluence.

- Manju

2 answers

3 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2017

What are you trying to accomplish? When the users creates a page from the template do you want them to select an option from the list?

If that is the case then you can use a template variable.

Capture1.PNG

Select list as your variable type and enter a comma separated list.

Capture2.PNGWhen you create a page from that template it will have you select one of the values prior to creating the page and put that value in the spot where the variable was place in the template.

Capture3.PNG

Manjunatha K R April 17, 2017

Thanks for your inputs.

Yes, when the users creates a page from the template we would like them to select an option from the list i,e template variable and this variable list/values should be common accross the Space.

Means we need to have a Components (i,e template variable) and it's values will be filled by Release prime and accessable by all users creates pages to write the product requirements and map with the component values updated in the variable.

Like Nicolas Delgadillo likes this
0 votes
EPS Software Engineering AG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2017

On a page you could use our free Add-on Easy Dropdown Menu: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/eps.focuspro.EasyDropdownMenu/server/overview

Manjunatha K R April 17, 2017

Thanks for your inputs.

I am checking this add-on, how it can be mapped(i,e Drop down menu values) to each requirements captured in the multiple pages under same space we are going to create.

Michael Aglas March 7, 2022

the free Add-on seems to be not so free...

Like # people like this
Steven DAHAN January 6, 2023

10 Box just for that's ! i think it's overrated ! =(

Like Andreas Lenhardt likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events