Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a custom field in user administration in confluence 6.7

debasish mishra February 7, 2018

I need to add a custom field to the number of fields already present while adding a user.

Like we have

Username

Full Name

Email

Password

Confirm Password

The above fields with text boxes and add button.I need to add some other fields lets say phone number fields.Hence while adding user i can add their contact number as well.I need this urgently.

3 answers

0 votes
Sloan N_ B_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2018

Hi @debasish mishra,

You can add such details after creating a user, switch to the user in the user management and choose Edit Details.

Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 15.17.41.png

You might want to try out Add-ons like User Profiles for Confluence or Custom User Profile. These enable you to add more fields to user profiles in confluence.

Already tried.This is paid one.Need a free custom one 

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2018

Hi, 

I think, you need an additional app for that. With Confluence out-of-the-box, you can't add a field to the user administration.

There are some apps on the marketplace:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?hosting=server&product=confluence&query=user

But I didn't try any of these yet. 

Most of them looks paid versions.One is free but doesn't support 6.7 version.Already tried.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2018

Give them a chance, 6.7 only came out this week.

I'm quite fond of the add-ons Niklas mentioned, if you do have some money, they're both very good.

i am ready to downgrade my server to 5th family versions.Can i achieve this with some free one that i found like below.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/org.nyfoundling.confluence.customprofile/server/overview

Sloan N_ B_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2018

@debasish mishra This is a macro displaying user profiles on a Confluence Page. It won't enable you to customize user profiles.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 7, 2018

Code.  The user directory is not a pluggable thing, you will need add-ons to create these extra fields and store them.  It also depends very heavily on what user directory you are using - LDAP, internal crowd, external crowd, etc all very different things.

We are using gmail accounts as we are on a POC stage,but going forward while using confluence plan is to add LDAP. But, right now want to explore this custom fields addition in user management.Is that possible?

Currently we are in POC stage with a licensed server 6.7.We are not using AD/LDAP now.We have users in Gmail and need to achieve this functionality.There are some paid one i have tried but need a free plugin to support. Is that possible?

Also please post how we can achieve this with LDAP

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events