Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to add a border around the image ?

How to add a border around the image ?

There was such an option in the previous version of Confluence and it was helpful, especially while working with documentation and wireframes.

But I can't find it in the updated interface, please advice.

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

How about they just put the feature back so we can add borders. I also add lots of screenshots of browsers and the white space at the bottom makes the page look awful. Having to manually add a border to each image now before inserting the image :(

Sure. Yes. Agreed. +1 and all that.
Hooooooooowever, in the meantime, this is a janky workaround not a perfect solution in lieu of the feature being added back.

11 votes
Dominic Lagger Community Leader Apr 02, 2020

Hi @Igor Kravchenko 

For the new editor, this function isn't available.

You can watch the differneces from the old editor and the new editor here. Somewhere in the middle is the "image border".

image.png

I wasn't able to find any jira feature request in the backlog.

Regards, Dominic

Quite a lot of what I do in Confluence is documenting UIs, and this involves including quite a lot of screenshots. Many screenshots have a white background and need a border to make them clear in the documentation.

If I can't easily add a border in Confluence, as I could before, the workflow becomes much more laborious: paste the screenshot into another package, add a border, copy it, and then paste that image into Confluence.

It may not sound like much, but I typically paste a LOT of screenshots into Confluence when creating documentation, so this has really added a ton of extra effort and time for that and then for every time an image needs updating.

Like # people like this

wow, why in the world would they remove this feature....

Like # people like this

Like Ian, this has also made my UI documentation either 1) much more tedious to create, or 2) much more tedious to look at.

Way to 'upgrade' to a state that makes the product less useful lol.

Upvoting this request. Images with white backgrounds are really hard to distinguish.

This is an ESSENTIAL and extremely URGENT feature! It is a super pain when documenting. I am currently having to create a table for each image and remove heading and all cells just so I can fake an image border.

Dominic Lagger Community Leader Jul 21, 2020

I found a suggestion on the jira board.

Feel free to vote for this issue:

Like # people like this
1 vote

It is really really really janky but a workaround for this is:

Create a table
Merge all cells in table
Colour the table background something distinctive
Remove header row and Header column
Upload image
Drag image into table

(janky but it gives an image the distinction between it and the background that OP was looking for - example below)Janky.jpg

Quickest way for me is to use https://www.getpaint.net/download.html 

Along with the plug-in (EFFECTS) https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/4128-borders-n-shapes/

I can quickly take any image and apply a border of any thickness and colour, but it's still a P.I.T.A. compared to the previous existing built in feature

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

🥓🙅🏻‍♀️ Meet-less May Badge!

Hello Confluence Community!  What if i told you that you could have a healthier life and be 100% meet-less? This month, we're promoting a healthy, balanced work diet with Confluence. We la...

195 views 2 13
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you