It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to add a border around the image ?

How to add a border around the image ?

There was such an option in the previous version of Confluence and it was helpful, especially while working with documentation and wireframes.

But I can't find it in the updated interface, please advice.

3 answers

1 vote
Dominic Lagger Community Leader Apr 02, 2020

Hi @Igor Kravchenko 

For the new editor, this function isn't available.

You can watch the differneces from the old editor and the new editor here. Somewhere in the middle is the "image border".

image.png

I wasn't able to find any jira feature request in the backlog.

Regards, Dominic

Quite a lot of what I do in Confluence is documenting UIs, and this involves including quite a lot of screenshots. Many screenshots have a white background and need a border to make them clear in the documentation.

If I can't easily add a border in Confluence, as I could before, the workflow becomes much more laborious: paste the screenshot into another package, add a border, copy it, and then paste that image into Confluence.

It may not sound like much, but I typically paste a LOT of screenshots into Confluence when creating documentation, so this has really added a ton of extra effort and time for that and then for every time an image needs updating.

0 votes

This is an ESSENTIAL and extremely URGENT feature! It is a super pain when documenting. I am currently having to create a table for each image and remove heading and all cells just so I can fake an image border.

Dominic Lagger Community Leader Jul 21, 2020

I found a suggestion on the jira board.

Feel free to vote for this issue:

0 votes
Rick Tate I'm New Here Sep 07, 2020

Upvoting this request. Images with white backgrounds are really hard to distinguish.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

Lessons and Learnings: Six Months of Working Remote [Discussion]

Hey there, folks! For most of us, the past six months- yes, you read that right- have been a journey. More people than ever before have pivoted to working remotely, and navigating being on-scre...

4,120 views 4 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you