How to add HTML Meta description and Page title to Confluence?

Edan Tal August 5, 2013

Anyone knows how can i add HTML Meta description, Page title or any other HTML tags in Confluence 5.1.2 to an individual page (not to the master tamplate)?

There is a SEO plugin called Easyseo, but it doesn't support 5.1.2 version.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2013

You could modify the "page" template in the admin area and use velocity code to pull the appropriate keys/title from _somewhere_. But without somewhere to store that data (i.e. labels or custom metadata store via active objects) there is not a way to insert it from the body of the page.

If you like Easyseo and is reasonably priced, I would just be sure they have a ticket to make it compatible.

EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2013

Also, just a thought, you could write a plugin to do this yourself in a weekend, the Atlassian add-in framework is actually quite nice.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events