How to access to folder on server from confluence?

Sebastian_Frankowski June 20, 2016

Hi, I need to create page on confluence (3.5.17) that will be show a list of files in specyfic location, and after user action will show content of chosen file.

What I should do that, is it possible?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2016

How are you making these files available over the network?

Sebastian_Frankowski June 20, 2016

I not make them available over network. They are on the same machine where is confluence, and I want to show them in confluence for a group of users (read only).

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2016

Confluence is not an application for serving up files - it only exposes attachments like that.

You'll either need to make the files available via some publication system and then link to them, write something that adds the function to Confluence and lets you embed them, or convert them to attachments (a lot of places I've worked have a central confluence space for standard cross-space files to be shared)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events