How to Integrate Confluence Questions with a ServiceDesk Knowledge Base

Pat Ryan April 15, 2019

How do we connect Questions to our ServiceDesk knowledge base and ServiceDesk portal?

How/When to incorporate Questions with the creation of Knowledge articles?  Or do you even have to if you can leverage Answers content directly in Search?. 

Can you categorize the Q/A from Questions for display on a ServiceDesk portal?

Is there a way to embed a link to questions on portal such that all customers could access or is main access through search.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 17, 2019

Hello Patrick,

Welcome to Community! It's nice to meet you.

In terms of integrating Jira Service Desk with questions, everything would need to be done on the Confluence side of things, so it would require the user to be anonymous or have a Confluence license.

We have two feature requests below for integration:

• JSDCLOUD-35 Allow JIRA Service Desk to search Confluence Questions
  • CONFCLOUD-51774 Add questions to Service Desk's KB search results

I recommend that you vote on each of those, and make sure to watch the issues in order to be informed of any changes.

I've also read that there are some add-ons that could help with this, but unfortunately the one I had read about is server only:

I'll also tag your question as part of the marketplace collection, in case anyone can recommend something for you.

Regards,

Shannon

Pat Ryan April 17, 2019

One of these items was created in 2013,  Is it worth your and my time to recommend that our vote?

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 18, 2019

Hi Patrick,

Yes, it's definitely worth it! We have many feature requests that were created a few years ago, and they're still being implemented even today.

Regards,

Shannon

Like Vivek Ukidve likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events